Weeknight Lemon Butter Pasta
Recipe provided by: The Friendly Feast
“This dish is filling, flavorful, lemony goodness! The noodles are satisfying without being too heavy, and the vegan chicken provides a nice bite to liven up the pasta. Spinach brings loads of vitamins and a beautiful green color to the dish. I love topping this with Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan, but it’s optional.”
- 8 oz linguine
- 10 oz No Evil Foods vegan chicken
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 4 oz raw spinach
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 3 T fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon’s worth)
- 3 T water
- 1/2 T italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 T nutritional yeast (optional, provides mild cheesy flavor)
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- vegan parmesan
The How To
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. While cooking pasta, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat and add vegan chicken.
- Saute for 3 minutes and stir, browning as you go. Splash with lemon juice. Add spinach to pan and saute for another minute until leaves are wilted.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add minced garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes and add remaining sauce ingredients. Cook 2 minutes more and then add pasta to pot and stir to coat.
- Divvy into bowls and top with chicken/spinach mixture and then sprinkle optional toppings on top.