Vietnamese ‘Pork’ Noodle Bowl
Yield: Serves 4
Equipment Needed: box grater, peeler
Our trip to Vietnam left a lasting mark on our inspiration in the kitchen. Our Pit Boss BBQ Bahn Mi was just the start. This Pork Noodle Bowl highlights the bright, bold flavors found in Vietnamese cuisine. As if the flavors bursting with fresh, salty and sweet weren’t enough, it’s also the most photogenic bowl you’ll ever see. Get your chopsticks ready for this bad boy.
- 10 oz. Pit Boss
- 1 package of vermicelli noodles
- 1 head romaine lettuce – rough chop
- ¼ purple cabbage – sliced thin
- 1 medium carrot – shredded
- ½ english cucumber – moons
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons miso
- ½ tablespoon maple
- 1 teaspoon water
Garnish: crushed peanuts
The How To
- Combine mustard, miso, maple, and water in a bowl, whisk with fork until smooth.
- Combine cabbage, carrot, mayo, and apple cider vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until soft. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, cook Pit Boss in a nonstick pan with oil.
- In a bowl add romaine, slaw, noodles, cucumber, and Pit Boss. Drizzle sauce and top with crushed peanuts.