Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’ Caesar Salad
This protein-packed plant-based salad came our way after a weekend spend overindulging juuuuust a little. Like rhubarb crisp for breakfast, ice cream sundae for lunch, pizza for dinner, overindulgence. And while this No Chicken Caesar Salad is no lightweight it’s still packed with nutrients and pure plant proteins. Big thanks to the creative little birdy over at Blue Finch Plates who hooked us up with the recipe and photos for this post. Be sure to check out her Instagram for more plant-powered inspiration!
- 1 package Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken”
- Chopped Curly Kale (5-7 cups)
- Raw Cashews
- 2 Lemons
- Smoked Paprika
- Pink Salt
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil (or oil of choice)
- Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Head of Garlic (yup. we said a *head* of garlic, don’t skimp!)
The How To
Pre-Heat oven to 400* Fahrenheit
- Peel outer layer of garlic and cut off top of the bulb so that the individual cloves are visible. Drizzle with olive oil, and a pinch of pink salt. Wrap in tin foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes, or until garlic is brown and soft to the touch.
- Crumble Comrade Cluck into a medium bowl and season with:1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Pink Salt
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Once pieces are coated, brown in a pan over medium heat with oil of choice.
- To make the croutons cube your bread and place in a mixing bowl. Coat with:2 Tbs. of olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Pink SaltBake on a baking sheet until golden and toasted.
- To whip up your Caesar dressing rinse 3/4 cup of soaked raw cashews and place in a high-speed blender with:1 cup of water.
To the blender add:
Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
1 pitted Medjool Date
1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Black Pepper
3.5 Tbs. Nutritional Yeast
- Blend on high until smooth. This dressing will last 5-7 days in a sealed jar in your refrigerator!
- Roughly chop and massage kale with:
The juice of 1/2-1 lemon
1/2 tsp. of pink salt.
- To assemble, place massaged kale in a large serving bowl and add the desired amount of dressing, tossing to fully coat.
- Add 2 Tbs. of capers and your seasoned Comrade Cluck. Top with croutons and garnish with lemon wedges (optional).