Stallion Panzanella Salad
- 2 links, The Stallion sausage, pan fried or grilled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- small cucumber, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/3-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3 large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3 large pieces
- 1/2 small baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Whisk together the garlic, mustard, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Place cucumber and basil in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, gently toss and set aside.
- Brush rack on grill with oil. Brush onion and peppers with oil and place on grill for 4 mins.
- Turn over and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove and cut peppers into a medium dice. Separate onions and cut the larges pieces in half.
- Add the peppers and onions to the cucumber mixture.
- Brush The Stallion with oil and grill until heated through. Cut into slices.
- Brush the bread slices with oil on both sides and grill until golden.
- Add bread to the vegetable mixture and add tomatoes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve and savor one of the only times that it’s ok to have soggy bread.