Sicilian Cauliflower with Italian Sausage
What the fig? The Stallion gets figgy with it in this Mediterranean inspired roasted cauliflower dish.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 links The Stallion Italian Sausage
- Handful of fresh parley, chopped
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Put in large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in sauce pan and heat The Stallion 3-5 minutes turning frequently until evenly browned.
- Remove sausage from the pan and cut on the bias.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and toss with garlic, figs, almonds, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper & The Stallion.
- Toss to combine and garnish with a handful of fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.