Rustic Cauli-Tater Sausage Soup
Despite the name, slow cookers are major time savers. We dig them because you can toss everything into a pot, go the F to sleep and wake up to a house that smells fantastic! Rosemary and thyme mingle with creamy cauliflower and hearty potato and get a spicy kick from The Stallion Italian Sausage.
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 5 cups no-chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 package, ‘The Stallion’ Italian sausage
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup flour
- Slice and dice all your veggies and toss ’em in the crock pot.
- Add to that a smattering of herbs
- Slosh in your stock and let it cook on LOW 6-7 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours
- Come back, open the lid and inhale that rustic goodness. You’re almost there.
- Use a mug to scoop out about cup of broth
- Put it in a blender with 1 cup of cannellini beans and 1/4 cup floor. Blend it up until it is suuuuper creamy.
- Now add it on back to your crock pot. At this point you’ll have a thick and chunky soup. If you prefer it a little smoother you can continue to remove some of the soup and blend it in batches – or use your immersion blender, you fancy chef, you.
- FInally, add a few tbsp of oil to a skillet and sauté your sausage until just browned. Slice or tear it into balls and add it to your soup.
- Crank it up to HIGH for 20 minutes. All done!
- If it’s a little too ‘rustic’ (ie, thick) slosh in a little more broth or water until it’s to your liking. You are the boss after all.