Red Bean, ‘No-Chicken’ & Sweet Potato Stew
Whoever says they don’t have time to cook needs to get on board with the slow cooker. These babies got nothin’ but time, my friend. And best yet, you virtually cannot screw it up. Toss everything into a single dish and then leave it the hell alone – sometimes for up to 8 hours! This combo of tender No Chicken is a hit at our house – delicately spicy and JAM PACKED with protein.
- 2, 15oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 8 oz Comrade Cluck, No Chicken
- 4 cups no-chicken broth
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1, 14.5 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1, 10oz can tomatoes + chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chopped peanuts
- Break out your slow cooker & combine beans, sweet potatoes, Comrade Cluck, broth, peppers, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Remove 1 cup liquid from cooker, add peanut butter to removed liquid and whisk. Stir mixture back into cooker.
- Serve topped with cilantro and peanuts.
- That’s it. Sometimes the distance from here to awesome is just 4 steps.