Need a quick weeknight fix before you get HANGRY and snap? This is the answer. Whips up in a jiffy and hits all the right spots.
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2.5 oz of El Zapatista, crumbled
- Your favorite plant-based queso
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1-2 tsp, butter substitute, divided
- Optional but awesome: Grilled/roasted corn, sour cream, pickled jalapeños, fresh cilantro, salsa
- Crumble El Zapatista.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp coconut oil over med-high heat and add crumbled chorizo.
- Cook without stirring for 1-2 minutes, stir and cook an additional 2 minutes until browned.
- Remove chorizo from pan and set aside.
- Add a small amount of butter to pan and heat to melt. Lay tortilla in pan and top with browned chorizo and plant-based cheese.
- Top with second tortilla and cook, carefully flipping once and adding more butter, if necessary until tortillas are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and top with any or all of the optional but awesome add-ons!