We received an email from a customer asking for our pot roast recipe after seeing a photo of it. And well, we like making people happy. So, we dug down deep into the depths of our recipe box and pulled out a crumpled and stained piece of scrap paper with this recipe scrawled across it. Amounts and ingredients scratched out and re-written as we tweaked it again and again until finally nailing it. Truth be told, this is the recipe that started it all.
We usually make this one in the crockpot, but it could also be simmered on the stove.
- 2 packages of Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’
- 5 cups hot water
- 5 tsp miso
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp Italian herb blend
- 4 cups of hearty root veggies cut into chunks, try:
- sweet potatoes
- Jerusalem artichoke
- Add hot water, miso, soy sauce, ketchup and herbs to crockpot or if cooking on the stove, heat ingredients in large soup pot until hot.
- Whisk well to combine and then add your root vegetables along with ‘No Chicken’.
- Set crockpot to low and simmer for 4-6 hours or simmer on the stove at a very low temperature until vegetables are fork tender.
- That’s it!