Pineapple Express Chili
This chili took home the prize in two categories at the 2016 Full Circle Farm Sanctuary Chili Cook-Off. If pulled pork, baked beans, and a bone warming spicy chili had a baby, this would be it! Also awesome wrapped up in a tortilla with some rice for lunch the next day.
- 1 package of Pit Boss ‘Pulled Pork’ BBQ
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 C green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained w/ juice reserved
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14. oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 C prepared BBQ sauce
- Empty package of Pit Boss into a large pot. Cook in coconut oil over medium heat until sauce begins to caramelize slightly..
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and spices. Cook until veggies soften.
- Add tomatoes, beans, BBQ sauce, and 3/4 C of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat until you reach a gentle boil, then reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and add some cayenne if you want to pump it up. Salt & pepper to taste and dig in!