Plant Meat Piccata with Spring Vegetables. Whaaat?!
The title kinda says it all. When you cook dinner for your new bf/gf for the first time, make this.
- 1 package Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’
- Extra Virgin olive or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow onion, minced
- 1-2 tbsp drained capers
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Dredge Comrade Cluck in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in skillet over med-high heat. Sauté Comrade Cluck until crisp and golden brown. Remove ‘No Chicken’ and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to skillet and return to med-high heat. Add shallots, onion, capers and garlic.
- Sauté 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Add 1 tbsp flour and stir to combine.
- Whisk in wine and lemon juice.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and salt & pepper.
- Pour sauce over ‘No Chicken’ and serve with sautéed spring vegetables.