Not Your Abuela’s Chorizo Pasta Salad
Makes 5 quarts of pasta salad
Equipment Needed: large pot, strainer, sheet tray, cutting board, knife, large mixing bowl
- 20 oz – El Zapatista Chorizo, diced
- 1 lb. pasta – we used macaroni noodles
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 2.5 oz – fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. frozen corn
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T cumin
- 2 cups vegan mayo
- 2 medium avocados, smashed
- 4 limes, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
The How To
- Coat corn and cherry tomatoes in oil (we used 3 T EVOO), cumin, salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Fry chorizo in oil over medium high heat until brown and crispy.
- Combine cooked pasta, black beans, red onion, cilantro, roasted corn and tomatoes, and chorizo, v mayo, smashed avocado, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.