No-Chicken Enchilada Soup
Need to get dinner on the table with a quickness? Raid your pantry and get your soup on. This is straight up warm, comforting, cold-weather goodness and shows up with all the flavors of traditional enchiladas without all the fussy assembly.
Serve with: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, fresh lime, and tortilla chips.
- 1 package No Evil Foods Comrade Cluck
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups no chicken stock
- 1 ¼ cup (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn**, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
The How To
- Add oil to large pot and warm over medium-high heat until glistening.
- Add diced onion and saute 3 minutes, then add Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’.
- Stir to combine and cook another 3-5 minutes until onions and Comrade Cluck begin to brown.
- Add chilis & garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot & bring to a boil, then simmer 20-30 mins.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, fresh lime, and tortilla chips.