Nashville Hot BBQ Sliders
Yield: 4 – 6 sliders
Equipment Needed: medium non-stick pan
Whether you’re a seasoned Nashville veteran or it’s your first rodeo, these Nashville BBQ sliders will turn up the heat on your adventure dial in the kitchen. Our smoky Pit Boss gets that much smokier with a homemade cayenne and agave hot sauce. Seared up with oyster mushrooms and served on slider buns, these hot little sliders will set your tongue and appetite aflame. You know, in a really freaking good way.
- 10 oz. Pit Boss
- ⅓ cup vegan butter – We used Earth Balance original
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms – rough chop
- Slider buns
- Vegan mayo – optional
The How To
- Melt butter over low heat in non-stick pan
- Add cayenne, brown sugar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and agave. Allow to combine, stir frequently. About 3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from pan and set aside.
- Using same pan, saute mushrooms in oil until browned slightly. Set aside.
- Using same pan, heat Pit Boss over medium heat with oil. Add mushrooms. Coat with as much sauce as desired, we used about 3 tablespoons.
- Serve on toasted slider bun with pickles. Cut the heat with a little vegan mayo on the bread.