Mixed Bean & ‘No Chicken’ Chili Soup
Chili soup. It’s a thing y’all. This meal comes together with a quickness and is insanely versatile. Only have black beans & kidney beans? Use ’em. Got some kale on hand instead of the swiss chard? Put it in the pot. It’ll still be stupid good. We promise.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 package, Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ large zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbso chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, leaves chopped
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups no-chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Using a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat, add ‘No Chicken’ shredded strips
- Cook 4-5 minutes until browned. Remove ‘No Chicken’ from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced zucchini and the bell peppers and season with the cumin, oregano, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then add the beans, Swiss chard, corn, and no-chicken stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down low to a simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until some of the liquid has reduced.
- Add Comrade Cluck ‘No Chicken’ and red pepper flakes and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro and serve.