Maple Poached Apples & Italian Sausage
We know you want us to make a breakfast sausage so you can start your day the No Evil way. But until we hit on the perfect combination of savory-sweet breakfast perfection, tide yourself over with this comforting bowl of breakfast goodness.
- 2 links, The Stallion Italian sausage
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp H20
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Optional But Awesome: fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.,
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high.
- Add The Stallion links and cook, 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Remove sausage from pan, cut each link into quarters and set aside.
- Add apples to a medium sauce pan with 2 tbsp water and cook over medium heat until apples begin to soften.
- Toss in a small handful or berries (if using) and drizzle 1-2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Add cut sausage to sauce pan with apples, add vanillas & a pinch of salt then stir well to combine .
- Raise heat to a low boil and stir frequently until sauce is thickened.
- Taste for sweetness, adding more maple syrup if desired.
- Go win the day!