Mango Ginger ‘No Chicken’ in Papillote
We’re big fans of dinners cooked in aluminum foil pouches, and that’s fine if you’re going camping or grilling out. But when it comes to entertaining? Foil doesn’t cut it. But wrap it up in parchment paper and give it a fancy French name? Huzzah!! You got yourself fare fit for a dinner party! This recipe was inspired by the one here.
We like to serve these with a chewy grain and fresh salad or sauteed veggies.
- 1 package of Comrade Cluck No-Chicken, divided into 4 portions
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced (learn how to tackle that mango here)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into match sticks
- 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut four pieces of parchment paper, about 18 inches long.
- Lay 1/4 of the mango slices in the center of each piece of parchment. Top with 1 portion of no-chicken, 1/4 of the ginger and jalapeno. Season each serving with salt and pepper and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- To fold the packets, pull up the long sides and bring your edges together. Make a 1/2-inch fold downward. Continue folding together and down, creating several small folds. Twist the ends together tightly (check out our pics below).
- Place the folded packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Your house is ’bout to be busting with good smells!
- When serving, open those packets carefully (there will be steam, yo!). Top with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime.