Harvest Chicken Salad
Yield: 6 – 8 wraps
Equipment Needed: large bowl, medium bowl, peeler, citrus press
You know that chicken salad you had deep love for as a kid? We gave it one hefty, plant-based makeover. Stack it on a bed of fresh greens, smother it between two golden slices of toast, or just eat it out of the bowl like us! Loaded with celery and walnuts for crunch, apples and cranberry for sweetness, and Comrade Cluck for a protein-packed punch, this recipe satisfies all nostalgic lunch cravings.
- 10 oz. Comrade Cluck – thawed and rough chopped
- ½ bunch celery – small dice
- 1 red apple – medium dice
- 4 green onions – small dice
- ½ cup dried cranberry
- ½ cup walnuts – rough chop
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon – juiced
- 8 large collard leaves
- ½ oz. alfalfa or clover sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
The How To
- Combine Comrade Cluck, celery, apple, green onion, cranberries, walnuts in a bowl.
- Mix mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use peeler to shave spines of collard leaves. They should be thin enough that the collard will be able to wrap like a tortilla without cracking.
- Add chicken salad and a handful of sprouts to collard leaf and wrap like a burrito.