Flock Free “Butter” Chicken
Sometimes ya just need a meal that’s going to “stick to your ribs”. We promise, this creamy, super flavorful dish is going to do just that. This slam dunk combo of rice + tons of Indian spices + creamy coconut milk will leave you feeling satiated and content. Throw another knob of vegan butter in there if you’re feeling extra saucy, we won’t tell
- 2 cups Comrade Cluck
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 2 shallots – peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled and minced
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups long grain rice
The How To
- In a large non-stick pot, add butter and bring it to high heat. Add Comrade Cluck and spices. Stir to combine. Let them get brown and crispy spots.
- Add the shallots, stir. Once the shallots are soft, add the minced garlic. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then turn down the heat to low.
- Add the tomato purée and coconut milk. Stir and add more spices to taste.
- Let the curry cook until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve over rice.