El Zapatista ‘Chorizo’ Pasta Salad
Yields 5 quarts
Equipment Needed: large pot, strainer, sheet tray, cutting board, knife, large mixing bowl
This ain’t your mama’s pasta salad*!
Loaded up with spicy chorizo, black beans, roasted corn, tomato, avocado and red onions, this dish packs a punch and is sure to make you legendary at the next potluck.
*If your mama has crazy-good taste, this might be similar to her pasta salad.
- 20 oz – El Zapatista Chorizo, diced
- 1lb. pasta – we used macaroni noodles
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 2.5 oz – fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. frozen corn
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T cumin
- 2 cups v mayo
- 2 medium avocados, smashed
- 4 limes, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
The How To
- Coat corn and cherry tomatoes in oil (we used 3 T EVOO), cumin, salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Fry chorizo in oil over medium high heat until brown and crispy.
- Combine cooked pasta, black beans, red onion, cilantro, roasted corn and tomatoes, and chorizo, v mayo, smashed avocado, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.