Crescent Roll Pot Pie
Serving this show-stopper at your next family dinner or pot luck will have you feeling like Martha f’n Stewart. Beyond the crisp golden crust is warm, comforting pot pie magic. The best part? It’s so easy to make it’s almost criminal.
- 1 package, Comrade Cluck
- 2 cans of Crescent Roll
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each: thyme, parsley, oregano, basil
- 3 cups diced pot pie veggies (think potato, peas, carrot, parsnip, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, turnip)
- 1/4 cup flour
- Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base to make 2 cups (or fave veg stock)
- 1/4 cup non-diary milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat
- Add onions & celery and Comrade Cluck shredded strips, cook until onions are translucent
- Stir in garlic, herbs and spices, cook for 30 seconds
- Add diced veggies, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove lid, add a 1-2 tbsp water if veggies are sticking (or white wine, you renegade!)
- Add flour and stir continuously for 2 minutes
- Slowly add brother & milk, stir well & bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thick and veggies are tender
- Remove from heat and set aside
ROLL IT UP
- Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. On lightly grease large cookie sheet, arrange rectangles perpendicular to each other to form a cross. Corners of one side should touch while leaving a square space in the center. (See Figure 1)
- Separate dough from second can into 4 more rectangles. Arrange rectangles into an “X” that overlaps the cross, leaving an open circle in the center.
- Carefully spoon mixture around center of dough; shape into a ring leaving about 1/2 inch of dough in the center.
- Pull overhanging dough from outer edge towards center and over filling. Tuck and pinch dough under middle.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated. Remove from cookie sheet to serving platter or cutting board. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.