Slow Cooker Creole ‘No Chicken’ and Sausage
Whoa yeah! The spicy southern flavors are popping up in here. Peanut butter? Bell peppers? Beans? Yup. It’s a strange list of ingredients, we know, but you gotta trust us. Throw. it. in. the. pot. Mouth rocking stuff is happening here. You’re gonna be sitting at work the next day counting down the minutes until you can dig into another heaping bowl of this. It’s that good.
STEP 1 Ingredients:
- 1 package of Comrade Cluck, No Chicken
- 1 package (4-links) of The Stallion, casing removed and cut into small rounds
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup no-chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
STEP 2 Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions for topping
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (randomly delicious)
- salt to taste
- brown rice for serving
- Drop allllll the ingredients fromt STEP 1 into the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Add all of the ingredients from STEP 2 then stir, cover, and salivate while you wait another 20-30 minutes.
- Distract yourself from the final 2-30 minute countdown by cooking your rice or grain of choice.
- When your rice is done, give everything a taste for seasoning and serve topped with green onions.