Chorizo Potato Burritos
If there’s anything we love more than tacos, it’s burritos. Chorizo & potatoes may seem like an unlikely pairing, but shake that thought right out of your head. Chori-papas is a classic combo and for good reason. It’s great on its own, but add a healthy dollop of guac, some cilantro and a squeeze of lemon and you’re really in business. This recipe is courtesy of the outstanding Alexa Fueled Naturally.
- Large tortillas
- 1 package of No Evil Foods ‘El Zapatista Chorizo’
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 avocados
- Small bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
The How To
- Dice potatoes very small.
- Add to a pot a cover with water.
- Bring water to boil and cook potatoes for 6 minutes or until completely cooked through without turning to mush.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium and add coconut oil. Once melted, add chorizo, breaking it up into small pieces as you go.
- Cook 2 minutes without stirring, then stir well and add drained potatoes. Stir to fully incorporate with the chorizo.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl mash avocado. Add juice of 1 lime, salt & pepper to taste and chopped cilantro.
- Heat tortillas and assemble by adding a generous amount of chorizo-potato mixture, mashed avocado & a good squeeze of fresh lime.