Chorizo Fried Rice
Totally into the metamorphosis that happens when you take some crusty day-old rice and heat it up in a blazing wok. In fact, we regularly cook “too much” rice just so we can have an excuse to fry it up with whatever odds and ends we have on hand. This recipe is one of our favorites – and it doesn’t matter the time of day either – it it works just as well for dinner as it does for breakfast. Give yourself a break from the smoothie bowl and fry up some goodness.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 link No Evil Foods El Zapatista, torn into pieces the size of marbles
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3-4 cups day old refrigerated Rice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce (or Salt, to taste)
- 1/2 cup frozen Corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen green Peas
- A bunch of cilantro leaves for garnish, chopped
- A few drops of hot sauce – optional, but not really 🙂
- Heat the oil on medium in a wok, cast iron skillet or large frying pan. Sauté the chorizo until deeply browned, adding more oil as needed.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cold rice, separating the grains as you cook by stirring. Pour the soy sauce or salt. Continue to stir until everything is combined and the rice is heated through.
- Add the frozen peas and corn and stir until they are cooked. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed by adding more soy sauce or salt. You can (and absolutely should!) add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to give it a spicy kick.
- Garnish with some chopped cilantro. Serve immediately. Enjoy!