Chorizo Chipotle Pasta
If you’re anything like us, then you agree that there is no wrong time for pasta. Been sweating in 90-degree heat all day? Pasta. Rough day at work? Pasta. Dinner with friends? Pasta. Jillian at Blue Finch Plates feels us on the pasta front and shared this bangin’ dish for creamy, smokey, zesty rigatoni and chorizo. No matter what the occasion, pasta’s got your back!
- 1 package of No Evil Foods El Zapatista Chorizo
- 1 box of Rigatoni pasta
- 1 and ¼ cup soaked raw cashews
- 2 chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups of water
- 2 8 ounce cans of diced tomatoes, rinsed
- Vegan butter (optional)
- Oil for cooking
The How To
- Bring salted water to a full boil in a large pot.
- Add Rigatoni pasta and cook until very al dente, removing from the water about 2-3 minutes shy of cook time indicated on the box.
- While pasta cooks, combine cashews, 1-2 chipotle peppers (depending on how spicy you wanna get), 1 tbsp of diced tomatoes and 3 cups of water in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Using your hands, break apart No Evil Foods Chorizo into bite-size chunks. Add chorizo and 1 tbsp of vegan butter (or an additional tbsp of oil) to onions and cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the chorizo to brown.
- Once your Chorizo has begun to brown, add minced garlic and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add remaining diced tomatoes and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Finally, pour in your chipotle cashew sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add al dente pasta to sauce and reheat until pasta is cooked to perfection!