Tex-Mex Breakfast Hash
Yield: Serves 4
Equipment Needed: oven, sheet tray, sauce bottle
In today’s episode of El Zapatista taking over all of your favorite Tex Mex meals, this breakfast hash is nothing short of a favorite in your list of No Evil go-to’s. Filling, warm and amped up with zesty Chorizo protein, over 2 lbs of baby potatoes and creamy avocado, this breakfast hash will convert any ol’ meat ‘n potatoes eater to an instant plant-based believer. We’re lookin’ at you, Uncle Joe.
- 10 oz. El Zapatista, crumbled
- 2 pounds of potatoes – We used petit red and baby dutch yellow
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 peppers, julienned, any color
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and julienned
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- ½ cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado
Garnish: salsa, sour cream, cheese, avocado
The How To
- Preheat oven 400 and place sheet tray inside to warm.
- Dice potatoes, coat in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once oven is up to temperature, place potatoes on hot sheet tray and cook for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Saute peppers, onion, and jalapeno over medium heat until onions are translucent. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Sautee crumbled chorizo in generous oil until crispy.
- Assemble potatoes, chorizo, onions and peppers. Top with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and avocado.