- In a small, deep saucepan heat 2 cups of vegetable oil. If your oil level is too high, transfer to a larger saucepan. (This oil will get *very* hot. Overcrowding or spilling oil can be dangerous!)
- Place 1/3 cups of Panko breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and place it near the batter.
- Take larger chunks of Comrade Cluck, dip into batter, then coat in the Panko
- Carefully drop battered ‘No Chicken’ into the hot oil. Only place 3-4 pieces into the oil at a time, making sure not to overcrowd
- Once golden brown, place on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- After frying all the bigger pieces of ‘No Chicken’, place the smaller bits into the batter and squeeze them together with your hands. The batter will help create a larger chunk that you can then dip into the panko. Squeeze again to combine before gently dropping it in the oil. Continue until all your smaller pieces have been made into larger bites
Then follow waffle recipe on back of box
Preheat waffle iron on high heat setting,
Whisk flax eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl. Add mix and whisk until well blended
Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron
Cook on high according to waffle iron instructions and serve