Caesar Salad with Crispy Chorizo
Caesar Salad. It’s a freaking classic. Of course, we made a couple of key changes to bring this old standard into the future. Believe us. This salad will become a staple in your recipe rotation. Loaded with chickpeas, crispy chorizo, and topped with an easy-to-make scratch made salad dressing that’s just as rich and flavorful as the original!
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (we ❤️ Just Mayo from Hampton Creek)
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tsp capers
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 teaspoons of water to thin, if necessary
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 link No Evil Foods, El Zapatista Chorizo
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Smattering of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Put all your dressing ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl!
- Chop El Zapatista Chorizo into small pieces and cook with coconut oil over medium heat until crispy
- Tear up your greens and toss them into a big ol’ bowl
- Top your greens with crispy chorizo, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, and dressing.
- Add a few cracks of fresh ground pepper & dig in!