Arroz Con Pollo
- 1 cup Jasmine rice or any long grain white rice
- 10 oz Comrade Cluck
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon (I used “not chicken” flavor)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- Toppings ; avocado, limes & cilantro! (All a must)
The How To
- Shred the vegan chicken with your hands or using two forks.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the rice and CONTINUALLY stir until the rice turns a light brown.
- Add the garlic, onion, and salt. Stir the rice until it turns golden.
- Add the tomato sauce, bouillon and water. Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the rice is cooked and has absorbed the liquid.
- Mix in the shredded vegan chicken, peas, and carrots.
- Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with fork. Top with avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy!